PUR water filters are able to filter out a wide variety of contaminants, including bacteria and other pathogens. However, they are not perfect, and they can sometimes have problems. One of these problems could be the LED light indicator.
The LED indicator on the PUR water filter is a simple but essential way to check if the filter is working properly.
Generally, the PUR water filter has a lifespan of thirty days or sixty days even though it depended on the number of gallons dispensed.
If you live alone, it is advised that you change the filter every 100 gallons or every 3 months. If you have a family, at least once a month, and once a month if you share a home with a significant other.
After changing the filter, and resetting the LED indicator, the filter light should turn green. If the indicator continues to blink red, after a filter replacement, there are many possible explanations.
The following are a few of the most typical causes of flashing red light and potential troubleshooting techniques you could use:
1. How to Set Up PUR Water Filter
The possibility exists that the new filter is not completely seated in the housing, which makes the indicator start giving a false warning.
Verify that you installed the filter correctly in the water filter. If it’s not correctly installed, it may be necessary to press the filter into the housing until it snaps physically.
It is easy to set up the PUR water filter cartridge.
Simply follow these steps:
- Remove the old cartridge by turning it counterclockwise after releasing the stopper.
- Next, take out the new filter and give it a 10-minute soak in cold water.
- Next, thoroughly rinse the pitcher after hand-washing it.
- After washing the replacement cartridge, screw it into the pitcher with a clockwise motion to secure it.
- Finally, pour cold water from the tray into the pitcher.
2. How to Reset the PUR Water Filter
Consider resetting your PUR water filter. To do so, press and hold the reset button for five seconds. If the light turns back on after a few seconds, your filter is operating correctly. You might also turn off your PUR Water Heater and wait 30 seconds.
Turn it back on and let it run for 60 seconds before turning it off again and waiting an additional 30 seconds. Repeat this process until your system resets itself.
3. How to Clean a Clogged PUR Water Filter
Another issue may be that the PUR water filter is clogged. If this is the case, try running the filter for a longer duration to remove any debris that has accumulated. If everything else fails, you may physically disassemble and carefully wash the water filter housing by hand and rinse well.
4. How to Replace Your PUR Water Filter
A new water filter may be required if the blinking remains after following these recommendations. If you have trouble finding the right replacement for your filter, check out our list of compatible filters here.
5. Contact Customer Care
Probably there’s too much dirt on the filter screen which might cause the light to turn red. However, if the indicator stays red, you may contact PUR customer service for assistance.
Their customer service seems to be second to none, and they seem to be willing to go the extra mile in order to ensure that each customer is satisfied with their purchase.
Ultimately, I’d recommend waiting until you get the defective product replaced. We put the above steps as an alternative if you don’t want to deal with getting your defective product refunded or replaced. Overall though, we recommend getting the replacement/refund first.
- How to Elevate Your Bathroom! (40 Bathroom Decorating Ideas)
- Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher Review
- 10 Best Countertop Water Filters from Reddit: (Buying Guide & Reviews)￼
- How Shower Filter Prevent Hair Loss
- How Do I Choose A Water Softener For My Well? (Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Water Softener)
- How to Elevate Your Bathroom!(40 Bathroom Decorating Ideas) - November 22, 2022
- Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher Review - November 11, 2022
- 10 Best Countertop Water Filters from Reddit: (Buying Guide & Reviews)￼ - September 28, 2022